This is a two year associate degree course. We provides 20 places each year and the course is open to both genders.
With the growing number of international tourists coming to Cambodia, students should be able to find work in guest houses, hotels, resorts, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, canteens, bars, travel agencies, tourist information centres, airports, cruise ships, etc.
A wide range of positions are available in these places such as receptionist, front office administrator, guest relations officer, housekeeping officer, pastry/bakery/restaurant chef, kitchen assistant, F & B/restaurant supervisor, waiter/waitress, bartender, tour operator, ticketing officer, event manager.
Major activities during the course period
The course covers both theory and practice. Students get work experience in the Don Bosco’s hostel, canteen and Prey Thom Café. They also get to train in hotels and restaurants in Kep, Kampot, Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh during their internship.
- Introduction to Hospitality, Technology in Hospitality Industry
- Conference, Meeting and Event Planning
- Front Office Operation
- Housekeeping Operation
- Food & Beverage Management, Bakery Skill
- Sanitation and Safety
- Consumer Behaviour & Services Marketing,
- Hospitality Issue and Trends
- Travel & Tourism Geography Focus: Cambodia
- English in Hospitality
- Moral, General Ethic & Psychology of Human Relations,
- Physical Education, Basic Computer & Internet, General English
The applicant must have finished grade 12 (either pass or fail) and must be interested in technical work and new technology.